Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Beans, Beans

My dearest aunt makes these beans that the boys just love. They are like a cross between a dill pickle and a bean. She will slave away in her garden, in the hot blistering sun, to get these beans just right and then can them. Any gardner would be jealous of her garden- it is just amazing!! The other night I had to threaten Andrew that if he did not eat his supper he wouldn't be allowed to have any beans. After I said it I realized how funny that would sound to anyone else. Thanks Sue for all your hard labor in producing such a wonderful snack for the boys.

Here Sue gave Tyse a jar of beans for his birthday. If you double click on the picture you can see how excited he is.

2 comments:

Kara said...

VERY interesting! That sounds like a great motivation and how wonderful that it's not a cookie or brownie! What a nice aunt!
With all those boys I was hoping you were talking about beans, beans the musical fruit! :) I remember those days w/ my brothers and their smells!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How many 2-year-olds are thankful for a birthday gift of canned green beans? I'd say that's a sign of some pretty good parenting!!

And, yuh, Kara, I agree with you, she must be a really nice aunt!