Friday, March 27, 2009

BIG MEANIE

MOSTLY JUST RELEASING SOME STEAM HERE


Ok so today was an interesting day. I got this phone call from a lovely lady that said that our debit card had been used by a third party and that we needed to reactivate it in order to use it. To be able to reactivate it we needed to punch in our number and then provide 3 pieces of identification. A little fishy I thought. I hung up and called our bank, I had seen on our banks webpage not to give out numbers via test message or e-mail, but thought if it was a phone call mabe it was legit (who would try and take advantage of this nice family) when I called they told me that they had received hundreds of calls today of this same phone message-what idiots to try and take advantage of people like this. I had read in the newspaper that people had been receiving calls and emails like this but you know, its not going to happen to you. Jasper says it happens all the time in the e-mail world. I really had no clue-I was lucky that Jasper had the debit card or I would have probably punched in the numbers. It made me really mad that some BIG MEANIE would try and do such a thing to an innocent person like myself. Anyway HAPPY FRIDAY.

4 comments:

FAS and FUD said...

G--I got the perfect solution for those phone idiots!! DON'T answer the phone--ever:):)!! You know, like me! They'll leave a message if it's important, or call your cell. That ticks me off too, that someone would try to take advantage of such good law-abiding (unless you count the traffic tickets) citizens such as yourselves:(!!!

The Frazee's said...

traffic tickets? thats jas your thinking about with the heavy foot
gina

FUD said...

Yuh, I don't know what FUD was thinking when he wrote that:)!!
Love, FAS

asha jo said...

hey i got a call just like that! i hung up also :) stupid idiots!