Monday, May 4, 2009

NO MORE TELEVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were in a small group a few years ago and there was a family that took the plunge and shut off their cable.   Crazy fools we thought!!  Jasper and I have been talking about it on and off since then and finally decided to call it quits.  Their reason was simply because they watched to much.  Our main reason is that we don't even watch it-we sat down and thought about how much we really watch it and decided that KU basketball was mostly the reason we really even had it.  So today I called up the cable company and tried to shut it off-they told me that I couldn't since the account was in Jaspers name-OH NO I thought, I wonder if Jasper will really call and cancel it-not really sure if he was sold on the idea or just agreeing with me to be nice-but after much discussion he finally did it!!  During the day I do let the kids watch about a half an hour, but that is usually "Mighty Machines"  (a favorite movie of Tyses) Andrew did love to watch the discovery channel in the winter or on the weekends some.  He loves to read and listen to stories on CD so Im sure that he wont even notice its off for quite some time!!   Call us dumb call us old fashion but hey, there are lots of better things to do with your family than to  sit in front of the television like a bunch of dummies. 

6 comments:

Kara said...

Good for you! That's a great thing.

The Frazee's said...

we will see how great it is come winter time!!:) lots and lots of board game!!!

Jas said...

I'm think'n lots and lots of movies!!!!!
You can even get a season of your favorite shows on DVD....like "Heli Loggers" or "The Worlds Most Dangerous Fixes" !!
.....Hmmmm I wonder if you can get those via NetFlix ?!?!?!?!

The Frazee's said...

jasper ryan frazee-
ok jasper we shut it off for a reason-and that isnt to watch movies all the time-
your wife

Timmy said...

I made the same plunge two weeks ago,...oh the agony of not being able to watch Royals games!!! I still have my netflix though!!

Jas said...

Nice Work T - we will have to form a support group!!