Friday, March 11, 2011

Breakfast is hard for us during the week. Trying to find something fast and healthy sometimes is a struggle. When I don't feel like cooking it's cereal that I turn to. We were out of cereal so I had Jasper run to the store. Wheaties, cheerios, honey bunches of oats and oatmeal square cereal is the boys choice....something half-way healthy. Heres what Jas came home with.


So this morning I gave the boys a choice of being on a sugar high all day or being on the toilet all day. Apparently he doesn't know what fiber can do to your body....heres what the internet said....

Effects of too much fiber:

Gas, diarrhea, general abdominal discomfort, constipation, possible blockages, or the need for urgent movements.

Anyway, I have no idea what I will ever do with that humongous box of lucky charms....its huge.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This cracks me up! As much as I hate it, we are cold cereal eaters for breakfast. It is so expensive, but I never feel like making a hot breakfast.

Rita

---Have I ever told you I love your blog?!?!?

Jamie Bahr said...

Hey,
Have you ever checked the sugar content on the "healthy" cereals? I have been surprised by some of them. We eat cold cereal most days due to the food allergies around here. As for my favorite cereal (but of course one of the pricier ones)...cinnamon Life!

My husband would have picked the Lucky Charms as well, or at one of the sugary cereals. However after all five of us saw the dentist today and three of us left with appointments to have a total of seven cavities filled...he may just switch cereals to help cut back on the medical bills :)

The Frazee's said...

Jamie-
yes i have-one that suprised me was raisin bran vs. i think it was reeses cups---i guess the raisins in raisin bran were making the sugar content go way up...i dont really know-i just know i dont want my boys eating lucky charms every morning :)i will have to check out cinn. life.

have you tried oatmeal square cereal-its pretty good-the boys like to eat it for a snack :)

Anonymous said...

Gina-

Try the Nabisco large shredded wheat squares. It's best with a little brown sugar on top......but there's no sugar in the cereal. Our kids love it. I can't keep cereal with lots of sugar around, or Landon will eat 3 bowls full.

jenny

Kara said...

We eat a TON of Eggo waffles. Or when I make pancakes I make lots extra and put them in the fridge. It's pretty boring! I wouldn't touch that Fiber One box w/ a ten foot pole!

The Frazee's said...

kara
yea its still sitting on top of the fridge unopened...i guess when i feel like "cleaning" myself out i will eat me a bowl full of it :)

Anonymous said...

I think this all sounds like a pile of poop!! :)